You will need…
- Active Vehicle(s)
- Available User
- User Allocated to a Vehicle
If you are trying to allocate a new user to a vehicle which already has a driver associated with it, you will receive an error message preventing you from progressing. This guide will show you how to remove the association between a user and a vehicle.
- In your MOVE environment, expand the Vehicles menu item on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click on Assign Vehicle to User to open the next page
- From the list of active vehicles provided on this screen, expand the menu by clicking on the arrow (>) to the left of the vehicle’s registration number
- In the Search Driver field, begin typing the user’s name that you’d like to remove from the vehicle and select it from the drop-down menu provided
- In the Date Range field, begin by selecting the first date that the user should not be associated with this vehicle and then, in the same calendar, select the last date the driver will use the vehicle. You should have two dates populated in the field
- In the Assign As field, select the role the existing driver uses
- Once you’re happy with your details, you can now select Remove Driver
- You can now assign the new user to your vehicle without any issues
- You must ensure that the vehicle does not already have user allocated to it, doing so will provide an error message.