Using fissara MOVE’s integration with STRIPE is a simple process which you can easily configure. This document will serve as a step-by-step guide on how to set up your STRIPE account for seamless use with MOVE.
Setting up your Stripe Account
1. Create Account
First of all, you will need to set up your own Stripe account. If you have not done this already, you can do so by clicking here to navigate to Stripe’s website, or by using the following URL:
2. Authorise MOTO Payments
In order for Stripe to access fissara’s API, you will need to enable MOTO (Mail Order / Telephone Order) payments from within your Stripe account. You can access our guide on doing so by clicking here or navigating to the following URL:
A Mail Order / Telephone Order (MOTO) is a transaction initiated via mail order or over the phone. As you will be using these types of payment within the fissara MOVE platform you will have to request Stripe’s permission to enable these for your account.
Enabling Payments in Stripe
In order to enable the payment functionality in MOVE, you will need to connect it to Stripe via a unique key (API key) which allows it to communicate with Stripe. Doing so will enable you to take payments for quotes, surcharges and weighbridge jobs using a simple payment terminal in MOVE’s user interface.
Note: We recommend that you first try this setup using Stripe’s test mode before using it in your live environment.
1. Fetch Stripe Publishable Key
- In your Stripe account, navigate to the Developers space, found at the top right of the screen
- Under the navigation pane on the left, click on API keys
You will now have the option of whether to provide us a standard or restricted key:
- A Standard Key will provide fissara with full access to perform all Stripe actions
- A Restricted Key will only allow fissara to perform the range of actions that you’re comfortable with. From a security perspective, this approach makes sure that even if somebody copies your key, they cannot transfer funds out of your Stripe account into their own bank account.
Note: fissara recommends the restricted key option. Please allow for all types except payouts.
2. Add Publishable Key to MOVE
Now that you’ve chosen which API key you’d like to use, you can now enter it into fissara MOVE to connect the two systems:
- Log in to your MOVE environment
- On the left hand side, expand the Admin panel by clicking on it
- Click on Tenant Settings to navigate to the next page
- Select the Accounting & Payment Configuration tab at the top middle of the screen to open the Stripe configuration pane
Now you can copy & paste the API keys from Stripe into the highlighted fields in MOVE, completing the API connection.
3. Testing your First Transaction
Before moving from test to production, it is highly recommended to make sure that the connections are working as intended. In order to do so, you can make a test payment and check if everything has been correctly configured by clicking here or navigating to the following URL:
Note: If you experience problems during your testing, please contact our Customer Care team via the details in the footer of this document.
Refunds: While you can refund a transaction in Stripe, the refund is not automatically registered in fisara MOVE. Make sure you carry out a correction within your MOVE environment.
4. From Test to Production
Once you’re comfortable with Stripe and have tested the API a few times, you’re now ready to move from test to production mode in Stripe. You can easily do this by copying the production API key from Stripe to MOVE.
Once you’ve completed the above steps, you can also choose to send your invoices through Stripe. This means that all invoices will be redirected from fissara MOVE to Stripe before it’s sent out to your customers.
The invoices that your customers receive will have a payment link attached to them which will allow the recipient to easily pay their invoices. Stripe can also be used to send reminders, format invoices and more.To find out more, click here or navigate to the following URL:
The following sections discuss how to set up invoicing.
1. Configure the Webhook Signing Secret Key
The “Webhook Signing Secret Key” allows Stripe to send data to fissara MOVE. If you make any changes in Stripe, these will be communicated and reflected in your MOVE environment. To configure this, click here or navigate to the following URL:
2. Testing an Invoice
Before moving from test to production, you first want to make sure that your setup is working correctly. In order to do so, you can make a test invoice and check if everything has been completely registered.